AB Figures US Jeep Crew and Italeri Jeeps?

Where to ask about those bits you need, or want....
Brian

AB Figures US Jeep Crew and Italeri Jeeps?

Post by Brian »

Hey,

Has anyone tried AB Figures US Jeep crew in the Italeri fast build US Willy's Jeep? I don't have any AB crew figures, but I do have the Italeri jeeps (hasegawa as well). I thought I saw a while back that the figures were test fitted for S-models Willy's jeep kits?

Thanks,
Brian

Tony Barton

Re: AB Figures US Jeep Crew and Italeri Jeeps?

Post by Tony Barton »

Didn't have the Italeri Fast-build Jeeps around when I made them , but I did have S-Models, Airfix and Academy on my bench, and they should be able to fit those. It's impossible to make any figure fit perfectly, and you might need to do a little scraping and filing. The problem is that the different makers have widely different notions of a Jeep interior, particularly the slope of the seats. It's enough to drive a sculptor mad....
Brian

Post by Brian »

Fair enough! I'll give it a try, I just wanted to throw the question out there to see if anyone else has attempted it since the Italeri jeeps are reasonably recent releases....

Thanks for the reply, and I've thoroughly enjoyed painting my US infantry from AB...awesome sculpts!

Brian
Tony Barton

Post by Tony Barton »

Getting the feet in can sometimes be the critical bit, and with some Jeep models you might need to clip off the toes of the driver. It depends whether they have provided the space under the steeringwheel column.
Have fun...
Brian

Post by Brian »

Will do!

Thanks,
Brian
Brian

Post by Brian »

Placed my order with Eureka USA for some US AB figures Jeep crew and a set of .30 cal MGs to mount on my jeeps...which I was able to assemble all 4 Italeri jeeps over the weekend, incredibly easy, very much fast-builds! I'll try to post how it goes once I get the figures in and placed in the jeeps!

Thanks,
Brian
Brian

SUCCESS! Re: AB Figures US Jeep Crew and Italeri Jeeps?

Post by Brian »

Hey,

My AB figures came in yesterday from Eureka! I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and glued all the crews in my 4 Italeri fast-build jeeps...they fit PERFECTLY!!! thmbs2) Almost like they were designed for it...(I realize they weren't).. :lol:

Anyways, the only "issues" were with the standing gunner figures, but sometimes those are problematic and I was using the .30 cal gun set as opposed to the .50 cal set, so that might've made a difference as well. In the end, they still fit, just took a bit of fiddling with them, no worries!

Thanks again for the info, and at some point I'll probably try to order some more!

Brian
Tony Barton

Post by Tony Barton »

Phew, well that's a relief ! Thanks for letting us know, and it's always good to know these things to tell customers in future.
Brian

Post by Brian »

:lol:

Excellent set of figures, brings a lot of character to the vehicles!

Thanks,
Brian

Return to “Who does, what is, where is.......?”