R667 Bunker from Britannia

Where to ask about those bits you need, or want....
sediment

Group Builds

Re: R667 Bunker from Britannia

Post by sediment »

Guess you would need the wall to be on the left side of the bunker embrasure looking out (right side looking at the front of the bunker. I've no idea how they are named, so best to check with Grubby first. I don't know what he carries to Salute, but the last couple of shows I've seen him at he's not had much in the way of fortifications in stock.

I think you need a left enfilade bunker as the protective wall is on the left looking out - that's how the fortifications are named on the Baggage Train web site for their 6mm range (http://the-baggagetrain.com/epages/84d5 ... ts/WWTF152. I'll check in my Atlantic Wall Osprey later and see if that carries a definitive answer. Still think it best to check though.

Cheers, Andy

Brian

Post by Brian »

Thanks again! I went ahead and sent him a message just to make sure. I'm now possibly going to ask him about his Special Edition Atlantic Anti-tank wall set, I'm wondering if that is the large concrete barriers that were a part of the D-1 draw defenses... :D

First, I need to find out about the bunkers, but either way he's getting an order from me within a week or two for some DD shermans and/or LCAs.

Thanks,
Brian
ray

Group Builds

Post by ray »

Brian wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm Thanks again! I went ahead and sent him a message just to make sure. I'm now possibly going to ask him about his Special Edition Atlantic Anti-tank wall set, I'm wondering if that is the large concrete barriers that were a part of the D-1 draw defenses... :D

First, I need to find out about the bunkers, but either way he's getting an order from me within a week or two for some DD shermans and/or LCAs.

Thanks,
Brian
Good idea, the bunker sounds correct,but a pic would help you,have you looked up what a R677 looks like. They are defence in depth models,so Andy might not know,the previous owner would know.
sediment

Group Builds

Post by sediment »

The R677 left enfilade is definitely what the 88mm bunker was in W72, covering the beach. Interestingly, the Atlantic Wall Osprey confuses itself as in the text and figs, the 88mm is the R677, but in the list of bunkers on Omaha Beach, it lists W72 as an 88mm in an R667, which would have been too small. The R667 is for a 50mm gun. All very confusing given how easy it is to make a typo between R677 and R667.

I'd be interested to hear what Grubby says about that model.

This guy http://jpwargamingplace.blogspot.co.uk/ ... wn-72.html uses a Sentry Models WN72 model (now Raventhorpe), which combines both beach emplacements and a Tobruk. Looks nice and not too bulky on the table top. No idea how to order from Raventhorpe, or even how to find out what they do! The blog linked above has a massive selection of photos of models of just about all the D-day defences, as well as figures, vehicles and ships in 20mm - stunning collections.

Cheers, Andy
ray

Group Builds

Post by ray »

I asked Andy last night,I have his number ,I wanted to place a order and asked him,the 667 is too small,being for a 50mm,so it is the 677,which is a 88 bunker. and hence the price difference. And he did mention that he had not put those pries up for a few years...
ray

Group Builds

Post by ray »

sediment wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:56 am The R677 left enfilade is definitely what the 88mm bunker was in W72, covering the beach. Interestingly, the Atlantic Wall Osprey confuses itself as in the text and figs, the 88mm is the R677, but in the list of bunkers on Omaha Beach, it lists W72 as an 88mm in an R667, which would have been too small. The R667 is for a 50mm gun. All very confusing given how easy it is to make a typo between R677 and R667.

I'd be interested to hear what Grubby says about that model.

This guy http://jpwargamingplace.blogspot.co.uk/ ... wn-72.html uses a Sentry Models WN72 model (now Raventhorpe), which combines both beach emplacements and a Tobruk. Looks nice and not too bulky on the table top. No idea how to order from Raventhorpe, or even how to find out what they do! The blog linked above has a massive selection of photos of models of just about all the D-day defences, as well as figures, vehicles and ships in 20mm - stunning collections.

Cheers, Andy
I would use the Sentry models piece thmbs2)
sediment

Group Builds

Post by sediment »

I would use the Sentry models piece thmbs2)
Don't suppose you know how to get in touch with Raventhorpe - who now sell Sentry Models if my info is correct? I can't seem to find a web presence listing items for sale, so it would be good to know how to get a list/prices and place an order.

Cheers, Andy
Brian

Post by Brian »

Awesome! I got a reply from him last night to say that he was going to get some pics of the bunker. I'm sure he's busy with Salute right now, but I'm hopeful it's the right bunker since I'm familiar with ordering from him.

The Sentry model used to be available via RLBPS in the states...I think they've (RLBPS that is) retired because their sight no longer works as of last week... !)

I think Raventhorpe is accessible via Facebook only and I'm not on Facebook, but my wife is on there and would probably be able to email Raventhorpe/Sentry to check availability. I forgot about the Tobruk on the 50mm bunker as well as it being referred to as a "double embrasure" , I think the gun could be positioned to fire out of either side of the bunker IIRC... ?) The Sentry model is probably more accurate.

BTW - I've visited that blog several times during my Google search sessions, good stuff... :lol:

Anyways, I did some reading through my Omaha Beach book and D-Day book. I don't have the Atlantic Wall Osprey book though, I might need to add that to my references!

Thanks,
Brian
ray

Group Builds

Post by ray »

You will get Tony via your wife on FB it is so easy getting a order to him this way and he takes paypal.

Return to “Who does, what is, where is.......?”