Truck seating

Where to place research pics and info, and ask about the same....
Timotheus

Re: Truck seating

Post by Timotheus »

Alanmccoubrey wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am There is film of German soldiers seated in their trucks in just this manner so your first reaction was not right I'm afraid, it was a fairly common practice pre-war, I've also seen Romanians, Bulgarians, Czechs (who probably made the trucks for the other two, and Soviets all seated thus.
Thanks Alan. Wow, what a mess it would be getting in and out quickly! :)
laurence strong wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 am
Timotheus wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 am and MLVWs.

MLVW's......you a canuklehead eh? Sat on those wooden benches driving over ruts busting my butt for a lot off years.....then we got the Gun Tractor Sev kits........padded seats, boiling vessel, heater.....however I had graduated to the "shotgun" seat in the cab by then. :D

Cheers
Larry
Artillery then for you? I left in '91 after 10 years for medical reasons. Padded seats, you big sooks!!! :D

Tim (Blame Canada)
laurence strong

Group Builds

Re: Truck seating

Post by laurence strong »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 am Artillery then for you? I left in '91 after 10 years for medical reasons. Padded seats, you big sooks!!! :D
Started out 30 Fd RCA (Ottawa), then onto 2RCR in '71. Did my 3 year engagement with the Bn and moved on with life. Ended up in the Alberta oilfields and during a down time in '86 I joined 20 Fd RCA (Red Deer) and served the Guns for 16 years.
dadlamassu wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 am Also models of versions with transverse benck seats.
Academy has those benches with their Opel kit....would the troops sit "back to back" on the bench seats?I can't see many getting seated if there is only one row per bench......

Cheers
Larry

Return to “Research pics and info”