13/18 Hussars Shermans

Where to place research pics and info, and ask about the same....
Forrester
Supporting Member

13/18 Hussars Shermans

Post by Forrester »

I've ordered stuff from S and S and Arrmourfast which will provide all I will need to satisfy my hankering to model a troop from this regiment in the first week of the campaign..this after reading a couple of books dealing with that vital eastern flank in the earliest days when everything is still brittle and in the balance. Decals from Dom to arrive in due course.

This is a much photographed unit especially the troop with Carole the Firefly in C Squadron. I have found some of those photos online and have read the instructions for the Dan Taylor set, and notes about the favoured method of spare track stowage. A lot of very specific information, so rather than plaster the stowage all over as usual, I'll need to rein in the artistic licence and try to be more specific.

So Im just checking if there's anything else I need to know, or other details available, before I do anything irreversible?

Adler
Supporting Member

Re: 13/18 Hussars Shermans

Post by Adler »

Not much on the unit in the Tank craft Sherman book, just noted cable reel and racks welded to the rear hull. Doing 33rd Brigade myself at the moment so will be interested to see what yours look like :D Nice big red numbers on em :D
L

Return to “Research pics and info”