Ryan's Task 1 Done/Alright, Let's go!

Ended 1st July
Ryan

Ryan's Task 1 Done/Alright, Let's go!

Post by Ryan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:08 am

Here's what I finished for this part. I didn't really get to my Russians, but I worked on some Germans, Canadians and terrain stuff. First, I made a hedgerow section that has a breach in it that goes with my existing hedgerows. I used green stuff to imprint lots of Sherman tracks into it.

Next is an ATG position. The crew has put ripped up grass and tree branches around it for some hasty camouflage. The blast from the gun has blown some of the branches away.

This is the position from the back. I was going to put an ammo pit in the side, but then decided I wanted to get this finished more. I'll do one more and add the ammo pit in the future. The pit is made of an old cork placemat, green stuff and dollar store dowels and veneers.

Here is an entrenched Panzerfaust. I use these single figure Panzerfaust bases to attach to squads that have AT capacity. They fire once and are then removed from the table.

An entrenched MG-42 to go with my dug-in platoon. The net is made out of aluminium mesh and dental floss. I like the mesh better than gauze because it's more workable.

My spent casings are a little long intentionally. The 15mm scale is so small to my eyes that the little flash of gold needs to be exaggerated to see. From a distance it looks good. To me, anyway . . .

A pimped up 4Ground MDF building. They aren't for everyone, but I love them! I mix them with resin and matt board buildings and I think it looks great.

Ya, way too geeky and OCD. . .

A pimped up PSC CMP Chev and a Battlefront Otter. The CMP got a roof hatch, the filter thing over the mudguard, side mirrors and a grab rail. These guys are for my small engineer unit.

I went for the dog poop brown on the truck, I'm happy with it!

And a little jeep for my Lake Superior Regiment.

A bad day for this lot of LSR's. This is the Peter Pig destroyed Universal Carrier. I suppose it's a little grim, but it makes the table look like war.

Also finished is this Vickers MMG section. I tried my hand at urban rubble basing and I am happy with the result.

Some of the PSC faces look great and paint up well, but the loader looks like his jaw is partially ripped off! Ugly.

Lastly, I finished painting up this Battlefront Panzer IV Ausf. H. I looked at many illustrations of Panzer IV's on all fronts in 1944. I found many of the patterns to be pretty sloppy and not very attractive. I wanted these guys to look good on any front in 1944, so I just wrote down common features I saw in the illustrations. Many of the Panzer IV's I looked at had large green blotches and thinner brown lines, so this is what I came up with. Its much neater looking than most the illustrations I looked at, but I really like it. There's two more to complete and they will fight in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, etc.

Ooo, that looks pretty mean. . .

That's all for my task 1.

I'm working on 1944 Germans, Canadians and Russians in 15mm.

Russians: an SMG company, an Emcha platoon, some Su-85's, IS-2's, T-34's

Germans: Some Panzer IV's, a couple of Tigers, a Panther, StuG III's, finish out an infantry company

Canadians: A Sherman V troop, some Stuart VI's, a Ram OP tank, some M-10c's

Various terrain bits.

Here's a preview of things I have in progress:

One of the panzer IV's ready for weathering and some 4ground buildings to have rubble added and dirtied up.

Panzers to finish. I usually batch paint the base camo colours, then pick off the final painting one-by-one. This prevents me from getting bored of the project and each piece gets a slightly different character because they are done weeks or months apart. I don't do complete German Zugs for late war, always bits and pieces and form little Kampfgruppes of this and that.

3D printed Luchs. Waiting for photo etched crow's foot antenna to arrive in mail, then paint time!

An entrenched German platoon underway. I need a Kompanie Kommandant, some Panzerschreks, MG's and another rifle squad to complete a company. Only one platoon is entrenched. I figured '44 Germans will be doing lot's of defensive fighting. A platoon can cover the frontages we're playing with some extra MG's and anti tank weapons, the rest of the Kompanie can be in depth.

There will be a Luftwaffe Field Division anti tank unit with older AT guns.

A modular graveyard with walls. Only about 1/4 finished, it's going to be quite large with damaged sections. I have a big damaged church that will be it's neighbour.

Various Canadian groups to support my company like this group of combat engineers. There's not really pink flames shooting out of the ack pack, just a trick of the camera!

Just putting the final touches on these now, an Otter and CMP 15cwt for my engineers. I chose the SCC No. 2 Brown/Black camo scheme for the truck.

Pimped up for my recce troop and ready to paint.

3D printed RAM converted to an OP tank. Extra antennas and paint to be added.

ImageIS-2

ImageSu-85

Lots of Soviet tanks! These guys are almost done, the tracks need to be finished, then paint chipping and dirt streaks.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZtqHRk]Image

Big batches to be finished.

Many more SMG squads to make a company.
Last edited by Ryan on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

mausmann
Site Admin

Re: Alright, Let's go!

Post by mausmann » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:52 am

Really well painted there! Look forward to the finished group.... thmbs2)
Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes in the wind, and sometimes against it, but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.

laurence strong

Re: Alright, Let's go!

Post by laurence strong » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:08 am

Verrry nice work thmbs2) thmbs2)

Cheers
Larry

Ryan

Re: Ryan's Task 1/Alright, Let's go!

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 am

I've added my finished Task 1 stuff.

mausmann
Site Admin

Post by mausmann » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 am

Cheers.... thmbs2) Those 3D prints look very good, with no obvious layering that I can see.
Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes in the wind, and sometimes against it, but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 am

WOW :o

You have been a very busy boy thmbs2)

Quantity and quality :D :D :D

Some very nice ideas there I may well pinch later :D

Smashing crisp painting - far, far better than any of mine :lol: Well done mate, thanks for posting thmbs2)

NTM

Post by NTM » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am

Stunning both quality and quantity much envied.

Fire at Will

Post by Fire at Will » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 am

What a superb selection of inspiring eye-candy

What make are the 3D printed Luchs and Ram?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 am

Fire at Will wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 am
What a superb selection of inspiring eye-candy

What make are the 3D printed Luchs and Ram?
I think the guy's handle is Articfox on Shapeways.

Fire at Will

Post by Fire at Will » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks, found the Ram on Shapeways by Arctic Skunk
https://www.shapeways.com/product/P4KA8 ... d=60860236