Armourgeddon

Museums, battlefields and other places of interest
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Armourgeddon

Post by mausmann »

From 2009, myself and panzerfaust200 went to Armourgeddon, and drove a FV432 with a Fox turret attached featuring a 40mm paintball cannon, and got the chance to shoot it out with another vehicle. Great fun, the most enduring memory for me is how damn small the drivers vision slit is, appalling vision for sure! Especially if you go uphill, all you can see is the sky...... :lol:

The place is still going, a quick google brings it up, iirc Armourgeddon Military Museum, Southfields Farm, Husbands Bosworth, LE17 6NW

Greatness is not in where we stand,
but in what direction we are moving,
we must sail sometimes in the wind,
and sometimes against it,
but sail we must, and not drift nor lie at anchor.
sandsmodels

Group Builds

Re: Armourgeddon

Post by sandsmodels »

great john
aparently there are far more 432 & fox turrets now than they actulay made for the army 8-)
driving a 432 closed must be very hard
Smoking gun

Post by Smoking gun »

My family bought me the three vehicle driving experience last year.

I drove the BV206 hagglund, BRDM2, and the FV432. When I went there was supposed to be a Ferret you could drive but it was unavailable due to transmission failure, it isn't listed on the current website so I assume it has been dropped from the running fleet.

I had a great morning driving the vehicles and looking round the small museum. :D

I also found out you have to be 5ft 8in or shorter to fit comfortably in the driving position of the armoured vehicles.

Recommended.

Martin
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by mausmann »

sandsmodels wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:06 pm great john
aparently there are far more 432 & fox turrets now than they actulay made for the army 8-)
driving a 432 closed must be very hard
As I understand it there were originally 12 from Berlin, after that who knows?... :)
mausmann
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by mausmann »

Smoking gun wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm My family bought me the three vehicle driving experience last year.

I drove the BV206 hagglund, BRDM2, and the FV432. When I went there was supposed to be a Ferret you could drive but it was unavailable due to transmission failure, it isn't listed on the current website so I assume it has been dropped from the running fleet.

I had a great morning driving the vehicles and looking round the small museum. :D

I also found out you have to be 5ft 8in or shorter to fit comfortably in the driving position of the armoured vehicles.

Recommended.

Martin
I was 5ft 6 then, apparently I’ve shrunk since then according to my latest medical.... :D
SABOT

Group Builds

Post by SABOT »

Went along a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed the museum aspects as well. Nice little tea room around the corner.

My prevailing memories of 432 experiences is Mk 1s catching fire ( petrol) and commanding Chieftain and being rammed into on exercise - yeah, they can’t see much out of those episcopes. 😬

Return to “Sights and Sites”