1/1200 Warship Plans

Where to place research pics and info, and ask about the same....
Trockledockle

1/1200 Warship Plans

Post by Trockledockle »

I have discovered that Model Boats magazine had a series of articles between 1966 and 1994 with 1/1200 warship plans. These were for scratch building simple ship models and are largely for WW1 and 2. I’ve put together a full list of the articles (257). I realise that they are from a different time when 3D printing and the range of models for sale today weren’t for available but if there is interest, I can post it here. Each article gives a top and side plan, details of the ship and a bit of its history. There are also articles that cover battles e.g. The Battle of Savo Island.

I must emphasise that I don’t have copies of the plans so can’t supply them. It would cost over £1000 to buy the magazines! You can buy most on eBay or reference libraries will have them.

dadlamassu

Group Builds

Re: 1/1200 Warship Plans

Post by dadlamassu »

Back then I made almost all my 1/1200 ships from those plans. Then Aitfix brought out kits that yielded gun turrets and other parts.
Also used these (first 3 are on Amazon)

Trockledockle

Re: 1/1200 Warship Plans

Post by Trockledockle »

I also built my RN ships from the plans in the Almark book. My copy came from the local library until I eventually found one years later in a bookshop in NZ. No internet then. I’ve refurbished some of them recently with new metal turrets as I was alway rubbish at making them.

Return to “Research pics and info”