Dave's efforts at painting that kit!

DaveC
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Dave's efforts at painting that kit!

Post by DaveC »

Only 2 of the 4 kits built in April are sufficiently close to complete to post so here goes...

Zvesda Panther
Paint scheme taken from the Osprey New Vanguard on the Panther in Foreign Service - this will form part of my Hungarian Army

And the EWM Latil Fild car Image

Link fixed ;)
Last edited by DaveC on Wed May 01, 2024 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

panzerfaust200
Site Admin

Re: Dave's efforts at painting that kit!

Post by panzerfaust200 »

Nice work on the panther thmbs2)
Is that the Revell kit?
DaveC
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by DaveC »

panzerfaust200 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 pm Nice work on the panther thmbs2)
Is that the Revell kit?
Hi Rob, Thanks its the Zvesda 'D'
It looks the part but I'd not get another. I did not enjoy building it, its designed as a snap together so if you dry fit, which is essential for some parts its very difficult to use any kind of adhesive. There are issues with the way the running gear went together; best not to look too closely. ;)
Bluewillow
Site Admin

Group Builds

Post by Bluewillow »

Great stuff
“Wargaming history in 20mm from ww2 to Cold War”
https://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com
panzerfaust200
Site Admin

Post by panzerfaust200 »

DaveC wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:00 am
panzerfaust200 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 pm Nice work on the panther thmbs2)
Is that the Revell kit?
Hi Rob, Thanks its the Zvesda 'D'
It looks the part but I'd not get another. I did not enjoy building it, its designed as a snap together so if you dry fit, which is essential for some parts its very difficult to use any kind of adhesive. There are issues with the way the running gear went together; best not to look too closely. ;)
Well it certainly looks the part from here!
I’ll heed your warning tho :geek:
Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

Lovely work Dave.

What does the Osprey book say aboutt Hungarian use of the Panther, after my experience of their new GD book I won't be buying that one so I need to ask someone who has it :lol:
Alan
DaveC
Supporting Member

Group Builds

Post by DaveC »

There isn't much, on the Hungarians more on the captured examples in Russian, British and French service and their evaluations.

What I did learn was that the decals in the Zvesda kit include a captured example shipped by the Soviets to Britain for evaluation.
S_P

Group Builds

Post by S_P »

Great work- should bolster your Hungarian forces' firepower nicely thmbs2) thmbs2) thmbs2) thmbs2)
Adler
Supporting Member

Post by Adler »

Pretty little kitty thmbs2)
L
Alanmccoubrey

Group Builds

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

DaveC wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 am There isn't much, on the Hungarians more on the captured examples in Russian, British and French service and their evaluations.

What I did learn was that the decals in the Zvesda kit include a captured example shipped by the Soviets to Britain for evaluation.

Thanks Dave, I've checked in "Magyar Steel" according to which in August 1944, the 2nd Squadron of 3rd Tank Regiment (2nd Armoured Division) commanded by a Lt Ervin Tarczay had the five Panther G. It doesn't say where they got them or what happened to them but there you are.

In Peter Mujzer's "The Royal hungarian Army" the author says that the five in August had been delivered as training vehicles as there were plans to "Germanise" the Hungarian Armoured Divisions into one Panther, one Pz IV battalion. Then when Romaninia changed sides the Hungarians were given 10-12 Panther originally intended for Romania and reminded me that Tarczay was one of Hungary's leading Tiger ccommanders!
Alan

Return to “April spring speed build - Paint that kit!”